Archive for November 2010
I guess it doesn’t take much to get on Barbara Walter’s fascinating people list…. because I’m on it!!
Could you imagine if that was true?? What if Babs called me up and wanted to have some girl talk and ask me really intelligent questions. Right now, my mind is blank. I would have no idea what to say. I would just want to talk about the other people on her list… because that’s pretty much where my strong point lies.
But since Babs has no idea who I am (as of now) I’m going to talk to you about her so-called fascinating list of people… that I am so clearly absent from.
1) Kate Middleton: Duuuuuh! Who isn’t fascinated by her?? She is going to be a princess and she is beautiful. She is living a dream all 3-year-olds have since the day they watch Cinderella, Beauty & The Beast, and Snow White. I want to know everything there is about her, especially how she seduced a prince and if the Queen is a jerk. (And if she could slip Prince Harry my number)
2) Sandra Bullock: She must listen to Destiny’s Child “I’m A Survivor” on repeat because girl picked herself up by the boot straps. I guess the fact that she found Jesse James attractive is fascinating enough to place her on the list. That’s what I would ask. I’m gonna send that question into Mrs. Walters.
3) Betty White: COMEBACK QUEEN! This woman, I’m positive, was on the brink of death but decided against that and instead filmed some movies/sitcoms, charmed my generation (and fooled us all into thinking our Grandma’s were the oldest and dumbest people on earth), and hosted SNL. I’m sure she’ll have a pop album out by early next year. Fascinating.
4) LeBron James: I don’t know anything about him. Babs would have to skip over the discussion of him in my interview. All I know was he couldn’t decide what climate he wanted to live in while he played basketball…. and he chose wrong because Miami Heat are sucking hard right now. I guess I know enough. Ask away Babs!
5) Jennifer Lopez: NEW JUDGE! NEW JUDGE! Best career move to make herself relevant again… besides the movie The Wedding Planner because that is an excellent, excellent movie. Oh, and she surprisingly popped out two adorable babies by a man who frightens me. Besides that, she hasn’t been fascinating since she was one half of Bennifer.
6) Jersey Shore: Another no brainer. Of course they’re fascinating. No one really knows why they are famous. What do they actually do?? And yes, I agree with you that partying, tanning, working out, and smushing would get me absolutely no where if that were the credentials on my resume, but that’s why they’re fascinating. They make more money than I ever will in my life. (side note: Mamadukes is now a proud owner of a talking, Pauly D bobble head doll… and yes it’s totally displayed in her living room for all to see)
7) The Biesbter: You all know that I adore this angel. I won’t bore you with the details why his is fascinating… its common knowledge at this point.
8) Sarah Palin: It’s fascinating she thinks she can win the Presidency in 2012. And her accent is fascinating. And the fact that family bonding includes weapons is astounding. Every time she opens her mouth I’m fascinated by the utter nonsense she spews. This is going to be the best interview of the bunch by far.
# 6837484 on my list of things to do is be on Barbara Walter’s most fascinating people list. I hope she is alive.
I stumbled upon a Lee D. interview. It’s written word (as opposed to video) so I apologize for making you read something so early in the morning (or late in the evening depending on your whereabouts on planet Earth). But it’s like a legit interview about his music. They don’t mention silly part-time jobs, and they only mention American Idol judges once, but they don’t ask him his opinion of J.Lo or if he thinks Steven Tyler will be able to speak a coherent sentence, or the real hard-hitting question; if Ry Ry Seacrest’s teeth are truly that white in person. So in other words… the complete opposite of the simple-minded questions that I would blurt out. (simple-minded but humorous and would result in a blossoming friendship and a thumbs up … but more on Lee bear’s thumbs later)
Ok I have nothing else exciting to say about this… but I do have an excellent picture that someone tweeted me. (Twitter is blowing my mind to pieces by the way) So thank you Nabs! I now have more thumbs up photos for my totally proper and intelligent use. These are ones that I’ve never seen before and look as if someone asked him to throw up the thumbs for the sheer purpose of my exploitation of them. (And duh that would totally be one of my simple-minded questions…. that he would of course LOL at and perform with nothing but great enthusiasm)
I know a boy who resembles Adam Lambert (circa his American Idol stint) and has a swoop that rivals The Biebster’s (and he was definitely ‘One Less Lonely Girl’ when he first heard that angelic voice). This said mash up of Adam and my angel muffin started a blog.
(BTW he literally looks like The Biebster and Adam Lambert had a love child…. and his love for musical theater just proves my point even more)
Apparently, this humbling life experience blog started off because someone thought they (pronoun changed to protect the innocent) were pregnant. I don’t really understand the whole background, (you can read about it on the blog and you should because the term ‘Preg Test Fest’ is written and that sounds like nothing more than a blasty blast) but it doesn’t matter. This is America and when George Washington crossed that icy Delaware river in the chill of December the main reason was for bloggers of the future.
So if you are down with America, Freedom, the state of Delaware, and our 1st President, you should probably check out his blog. You can do that by going to
. Go curl up, eat some humble pie, and read about humbling experiences. I’m going to tweet this to Lady Gaga and Kanye West.
P.S. I’m really excited I was able to work George Washington into one of my posts. This is for all the awesome Lee bear fans who read this on a daily basis (at least that’s what I tell myself). And I’m pretty confident if Lee D. knew of my quest to type George Washington into a totally cohesive blog, he would probably… no definitely… do this too me.
I really thought Mr. Hudson would have been a huge star by now. He has great pop music, is British, looks like Draco Malfoy and Kanye West has his back. I mean if I had just 1 of those elements in my life, I’d be pretty invincible right now.
“Anyone But Him” is Mr. Hudson’s new song and new video, and Kanye West graces the video in a fur coat that PETA would love to throw paint on.
This is one of my favorite songs on his album, so I’m glad it’s an offic single. It’s like he’s performing occlumency on my mind.
Too bad Mr. Hudson really isn’t Draco Malfoy because he could just accio fans and put the imperius curse on people to buy his album. And I completely understand I just outed myself as massive nerd. The price I pay.
I’m just going to let you know this isn’t a post about how I made out with Nick Carter. Unfortunately.
I love pop music (duh). And I love anyone who sings great pop music (double duh). This all started with the Backstreet Boys. (keep reading, I promise I won’t talk about the Backstreet Boys)
Buuuuuut….. I am going to talk about Nick Carter.
Mr. Carter is releasing a solo album. I think this is only happening in Japan because the Asians are one of the few cultures who appreciate Nick Carter, and I guess the first single is “Just One Kiss”.
Now, I’m sure this isn’t going to gain him a million new fans and change the record industry… but since it’s Nick Carter and I must have unconditional love for him and the other Backstreet Boys. No matter what they do, I have to support it and promote it. (unless of course murder is involved… then I’d pretend I was an *Nsync fan the whole time) It was the deal I made has 12-year-old, and I stick to my promises.
I know, I know …your life is the exact same as it was 3 minutes ago, and you may even feel you have wasted 3 precious minutes of your life.
But, I think we should at least give it a chance. If not for Nick Carter, do it for the Eastern world. If the Asians like it, we could try it. I mean I thought I’d never try sushi, but they got me on that one.
J Biebs went to London to perform on X Factor and Simon Cowell sat there wishing he discovered the swoop-tastic immortal.
Love him or hate him (and I’m talking about the Biebster because we all absolutely adore Simon Cowell), you can’t deny this kid has something. He is such a little pop star, and he just glides and slides around the stage like it’s nothing. I won’t even make fun of him for lip synching because he just released his acoustic album for ‘all the haters’ (his words not mine) to prove he can sing. I believe ya Biebs. You had me at “One Less Lonely Girl”. Well, actually it was before that when I saw a 15 second clip of you on YouTube swooshing your swoop.
He is just fantastic. Oprah definitely had her hands in the creation of The Biebster.
And this is what I love about X Factor… they just have no shame in loving and promoting pop music. In fact, they push to find a pop star, not someone trying “to do something different”. Let’s just add that to the list of reasons why I want to be Simon Cowell’s slave intern.
I lied. It isn’t really Taylor Lautner singing. I lied to entice you to read on, but trust me, it’s worth it.
Well, a Tay Tay Lautner look-a-like is on YouTube and he plays the piano and sings very well. Doesn’t he kinda sorta look like the kid who plays the werewolf in Twilight?? And don’t not (oooo sorry English professors… double negative!) answer because you pretend to hate Twilight… you like it. Admit it. Though Edward Cullen is a little creepy, due to the fact that he is a tad obsessive and a sparkling vampire, you would think about dating him for a few months. Sorry, I just got really off topic.
Back to the our furry friend …he mashes up 3 of my favorite songs “Fireworks” (yes, I know I said I hated this song at first, but I take it back. Katy Perry’s fire hazard boobs won me over), “Grenade” , and “Dynamite”. He tickles the ivories while belting out the songs. Talent.
His real name is Sam Tsui and he is gooood. I’m a fan.
Apparently, you can noe vote for “Sweet Serendipity” on VH1′s Top 20 Countdown. And you can vote in a super fun way.
Remember back in the day, on TRL, you would have to call in (for example 1-800- BACKSTREET BOYS WILL ALWAYS BE #1) and then when things got really schnazzy you got to vote online (but I believe you just clicked a boring, little box)
Well, since it is 2010 things are even schnazzier (I’m 97% sure that word doesn’t exist in the English Language, but I guess it does now. Tweet me Webster, @RoccosRev). You get to click and drag the picture of the artist you adore and place them in a box numbered 1-20.
Pictured below you can see it clearly. (as opposed to my lame written description)
1) I believe if they made the Presidential election like this more people would vote. And that is a fact, because love him or hate him PreZident Obama has a million dollar smile.
2) As you can see, I placed Lee bear in the #1 spot. Naturally.
3) You don’t even have to waste your time filling out the other 19 spots, because let’s be real the rest of them don’t matter.
4) Just click refresh and repeat over and over and over and over. Watch TV while you do it, so at least you can say you are multitasking.
5) Wow… this brings back the memories of good ‘ol days of 1999 and TRL. I miss Carson Daly.
Oh yeah. What you are voting for is below. But I’m preaching to the choir at this point.
You can join in the fun HERE. But I’m going to be honest, don’t click on that unless you are going to vote for Lee D. Thanks.