Why “New Year’s Eve” Is The Most Inspirational Movie You’ll Ever See
Posted December 30, 2011on:
The Sandlot, Stand By Me, and The Shawshank Redemption can suck it! (Pretty Woman is still in the running… prostitutes can turn their life around) New Year’s Eve was the most inspirational movie I have ever seen, and I’m here to tell you why.
1) ALL STAR CAST! What other movie has 97 of the greatest actors on the planet?? Seriously. Robert De Niro and Ludacris were in the same movie… when does that happen??
Ok now since I don’t have any other points to make I’m just going to explain point #1 more and ramble:
- Little known fact: Joey McIntyre from New Kids On The Block made a cameo. WTF??
- Jon Bon Jovi played himself pretty much and sang songs and tried to make out with Katherine Heigl. Win.
- Lea Michelle turned every scene she was in into an episode of Glee which was just fine with me.
- (ignore the weird kid talking in the beginning) Seeing Zac Efron dance was hot. I usually call him gay when I see him move his body… but this time it just proved that he’d be good in bed. I’m on the Zac Efron train.
- For the last 45 minutes of the movie… I wept. Hilary Swank gave this speech about hope, second chances, and love. Tears fell from my eyes like a faucet. And even though Hilary Swank pretty much said people should get back together with people who broke your heart… it was sweet.
- Ludacris is the best actor on this planet. Why he isn’t cast in every movie is beyond me?
- I’m not even going to discuss Jessica Biel’s pink velour sweat suit.
-IPOD THE DOG!! What a subtle character. He really made the movie though.
-Ryan Seacrest was in this for about 2 minutes and 37 seconds and made jokes about his hair. Nice.
- Common ( as in the rapper) appeared for a minute which caused me to gasp audibly.
- The timeline is this movie is impossible, especially for Zac Efron and Michelle Pfeiffer’s characters. There is no chance in hell these two vespa-ed around the 5 boroughs in a few hours. Impossible!
- The giant ball that falls in Times Square will never ever break… so that was a little far fetched for a story line.
- *spoiler alert* Sarah Jessica Parker is too old for Josh Duhamel.
I’m sure I missed a bunch of amazing points on how this movie is goddamn awesome, but you’ll just have to see it for yourself and experience the life change first hand.
I’m not kidding… go see it tomorrow on New Year’s Eve (maybe even see it while you pre-game for the night) because it will make the sentiments even more magical.
Have a safe and happy New Year… don’t get roofied and you probably shouldn’t sleep with that bartender because there’s a 97% chance he has an STD.