Posts Tagged ‘Alternative music’
Why was Johnny Depp playing with The Black Keys at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards? I just don’t get it.
When I originally saw this GIF I thought it was John Mayer, but then I realized Johnny Depp and John Mayer are essentially one person under a dumb hat.
I kind of forget about these Irish men until they release new music, but apparently other people don’t because they just keep releasing music.
“Nothing (The Drinking Version” (I wonder what other kind of versions there are) is the new single from The Script and it’s pretty much about getting drunk and begging some girl to get back with him.
I think the Irish accent should do the trick just fine.
Don’t go swimming drunk.
First it was that song from Twilight and now Transformers: Dark Side Of The Moon.
I can just see a montage with Shia LaBeouf running around all sweaty and dirty with Optimus Prime and the girl who isn’t Megan Fox, because Megan Fox is too smart.
I guess you can’t hate on Chris Martin doing the exact same thing every song because it works for him and the band. How else do you think he feeds Moses and Apple???
Oh that’s right, PALTROW!, brings in the big bucks too when she’s not calling her Grandma awful name son TV interviews. I hear she’s a great rapper too and I’m sure that’s where most of the income comes from.
Anyway, below is “Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall” and the title of the song really annoys me. In fact, it makes me weep waterfalls. Never mind. I love it.
Coldplay will be performing in festivals this summer and if you care that much you can google it yourself because I don’t care. Are you crying waterfalls right now because I was so mean? I’m sorry. Just listen to this track and you’ll feel better. Or laugh that Chris Martin actually named his kids Moses and Apple.
See what I did there? Put the new Beastie Boys song, “Make Some Noise” into the title while adding one of the music video stars as well. GENIUS!
TatisR recommended I check out the new Beastie video due to all the cameos and she is pretty genius as well now.
This video is perfect. Look at all the people in it:
Seth Rogen, Elijah Wood, Danny McBride, Rashida Jones, Will Arnett, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Kirsten Dunst, Jason Schwartzman, Chloe Sevigny, Will Ferrell, David Cross, Ted Danson, Jack Black, Steve Buscemi, Stanley Tucci, Meat Loaf, Orlando Bloom, Rainn Wilson, and John C. Reilly.
I totally stole that from a comment on YouTube so if it’s wrong or someone is missing… talk to them.
I’m not even a Beastie Boys fan and I kinda like the song too. I must be growing up and expanding my musical tastes.
PS I’m gonna need more Elijah Wood in my life. Like, on a daily basis.
“I think I cried”… hahahha. Not that children shedding tears is funny… but I just picture him looking exactly like that, but 2 feet shorter, and in tears. Admit that shit is funny.
I bet he had a © moop as a kid. Totally had a © moop.
Okay… this interview wasn’t as funny as I thought. Or as long as I thought.
What did this turn into??
Some random gangsta popped up and talked about his pants falling down. And then some boy with a swoop is talking about his feelings.
What is this????
I’m not going to watch this anymore.
Nice to see you D Man… sort of.
I’m just going to put this picture in so this looks like this post had meaning.
I know D Man.. but that interview was stupid.
Lee bear just keeps getting himself in these battles, and this time he’s in a tussle with Limp Bizkit.
I fear for Lee bear’s life…. Fred Durst is a loose cannon. Isn’t he?? Actually, I don’t know because he has been MIA and directing movies or something for the past decade. Maybe he has gone soft??
So, anyway… here is the dilly-yo!
Between 8-9PM tonight cancel your plans, ignore your friends and family, and don’t watch Idol… you can read my awesome recap of it afterward… it’s what I’m here for people…. AND RETWEET!
What you have to retweet is still unclear to me, but just do whatever I do, and/or go to @b4alternative and they will explain. (Also EmilyK on twitter knows what’s up)
All I’m going to explain is why Lee D. is way better than Fred Durst and why you should do this retweeting business.
1) Lee D. is not a douche bag. As opposed to the douche-ness of Fred Durst. I get douche chills every time I look at him.
2) He doesn’t wear a dumb hat.
No person in real life constantly wears a red baseball cap, backwards ALL THE TIME. (Note: You can wear treat hats until your hair falls out. That’s totally cool.). Plus, he shapes his chin beard. That’s gay.
3) When the hat comes off…. do you want to listen to this person sing 5 songs??
Or would you rather hear this person sing???
Glad we are all on the same page. You all said Lee D. right?? If not… you’re at the wrong place. Bye.
So, it’s pretty simple just hit the retweet button a million times between 8-9PM tonight and b4alternative will play 5 Lee bear songs. 5!!
If they don’t play “Earth Stood Still” I’m going to start wearing a red baseball cap backwards and start acting like a real tool. You’ve seen the videos… amirite?!?!? *high-five*
By the way… I did this all for the nookie …. so Fred Durst can still that cookie up his ass!
Those are the lyrics right?? That’s a great heart warming song.
PS I hope no Fred Durst fans read this. They could kill me in a second.
Okay… I have a Red Bull and Claire Bear has some Seltzer… we are ready to go!!
We are live blogging the Grammy Awards. I’m already stressed about this whole charade.
Be prepared for improper English, cursing, shouting and thoughts that make no sense! I’ll update during every commercial.
Please read this.
Sorry that picture is boring… I just needed an image.
- I don’t know if I even like Aretha Franklin.
-Claire: Is Aretha dead???
- Just saw Biebs in the audience… he looks dapper.
-LL Cool J just spelled excellently.
-Claire: biggest thing he ever spelled.
- Claire watched Jen Hud’s Behind The Music today… she knows her.
-Christina Aguilera is stunning. I love her. I hope she messes up the lyrics too.
- Why is Florence not in black… that annoys me.
-GET IT GIRL!!!
- Claire: that’s a real shame Martina McBride has to follow Christina.
- Jennifer Hudson isn’t even trying right now.
-Claire: Diva fest’ 11. Who’s this bitch on the end??
Rocco: some gospel singer… no wonder we have no idea who she is.
- I just got finished telling Claire that Florence’s last name is Henderson. We googled it… it’s Welch. I was way off. I’m not even drunk.
- I think Christina just fell… the audience is laughing at her.
- Aretha Franklin either has on sweat pants or she has no pants on. Either or.
- CBS audio sucks!
- Claire: I FUCKING KNEW IT!! I NEVER SEEN GLEE AND I KNEW GWYNETH PALTROW AND CEE LO WOULD BE TOGETHER!!!! I LOVE E! NEWS!!!!
Im going to pretend that Lee bear is at the awards… or sitting with me and Claire bear live blogging and being hilarious. This is what he’d wear to the award show.
I’m going to throw in random pictures because this needs pictures. They are probably going of be of Lee.
CBS cares testicular cancer. Just FYI.
- Christina just made a joke about herself falling awesome.
- If Cory Monteith is there… I’m gonna cry. I miss his face.
-Me and Claire are fighting over who we want to win. Literally just yelled at eachother.
-TRAIN!!! HEY SOUL SISTER! This song is catchy.
- SHOW BIEBS!! Who is the camera guy??
- I like this guy’s hair.
- Me and Claire made up.
- RICKY!!! Where are your twins??
- LADY GAGA!!! PLEASE STOP!!
- Why does she still look like a reptile?? A reptile version of Carrie Bradshaw. I just saw Carrie Bradshaw in that outfit.
- Now, is she a better vocalist than Christina or Jennifer.
claire: how normal is this performance for her. Never saw anything more normal.
Why does she has spike in her arms?? I’m bored.
- I’m just not impressed with her. But I’m happy she didn’t act like such a freak.
Claire: I was ready for her to slice her neck and say fuck you Grammy’s. <— HHAHAHAHHA never laughed so hard in my life.
Oooo looks who is here…
- He was cute until he opened his mouth. I can’t understand what he’s saying.
- I didn’t know he was engaged to Miranda Lambert.
Claire: Country music is so warm & fuzzy. Everyone wants to cuddle. Do they really all have that accent??
- What beat are you tapping your foot to Miranda??!?!? That’s not the beat.
- Cory Monteith said he’s at the Grammy’s. I wanna see his face.
Claire: I hope this song gets better… bc she seems nice.
- Me and Claire just had an intense convo about post its and MAC stickies. I love that widgit.
- Lenny Kravitz is outrageous.
- MUSE?!?!?!? Is Robert Pattinson HERE?!?!??!
- Rock music at the Grammy’s crack me up.
- THERE IS A COUP ON STAGE!
Claire: J Biebs is so scared right now.
- Me and Claire are playing guitar and singing during commercial breaks. Claire Bear is so talented. Check out Jackpot, Tiger.
- BRUNO!!!! I love him.
- Claire loves B.O.B. ” Can we call him Robert?? HE’S WEARING A MONOCLE!!”
Claire: Dare I say Bruno has the voice of an angel??… Like Biebs…
- Bruno wow… my love for you is super strong right now.
- Motown throw back…
- I kept thinking this was Willow Smith on the red carpet. I still wish it was.
- Bruno Mars is a drummer??? I love him. He can not be any more appealing.
- Beanies are not as appealing on that guy;s head.
- I’m gonna stomp Miranda Lambert … but stamp her relationship.
Look who is still at the Grammy’s just schmoozing…
- Why is Eva Longoria here??
-They are performing a skit.
- ACOUSTIC BABY!?!?!? I can’t stand it.
Claire: duh.. Karate kid vibe for Jaden. duh.
- I just can’t handle how talented this kid is.
- He’s way cooler than me. Like way cooler.
- Those are Willow Smith’s pants. WILL SMITH IS SO PROUD!!
-Claire: Usher is using Justin Bieber to get famous again. This is a huge concern I have.
- Muse did not just win a Grammy?? I’m shocked. Twilight made them.
Am I doing a really shitty job at this live blogging thing?? I think so.. it’s so hard.
Why ppl need to respect the biebs from Claire:
1) middle of an 86 show tour
2) speculation of his relationship is draining to him. he can’t sit next to the girl he loves without cameras.
3) shared performance with Usher
4) he’s still nervous about the awards…. his hasn’t been announced yet.
- LEAVE BEIEBR AND GOMEZ ALONE!!
- He is going to lose to Gaga. That’s ok. That album was sick.
- I’m glad she’s acting like a real person.
- Could imagine being Lady Gaga’s sister??
- Claire: Will Smith is laughing at her.
- I’d like to thank Whitney Houston???? WHAT?!?!? Claire just through a box of tissues across the room… oh wait it was some Chips Ahoy.
- I have a crush on the Mumford & Sons guy. This is one of the best performances of the night. I’m digging this. They are killing it.
- Me and Claire are blasting this shit. I’m in love. I forgot how much I love them.
- Get it Bob Dylan. Get it. He never wanted to be anywhere less.
- What a line up!
Oh look who showed up and decided to perform… surprise he just hopped up on stage.
CLAIRE LOVES LEA MICHELLE. Like so much <—- sarcastic.
- I like Lady Antebellum. Male / female harms are sweet.
- KOL hate Glee and Miley Cyrus. They never wanted to be there less….
-YESSSS LADY ANTEBELLUM. I’m just really into them tonight.
- Gwenyth… Cee- Lo.. and puppets. I feel like I’m on Acid.
- Lady Gaga can suck it.
- Those back up singer puppets are getting it.
- PALTROW!!! HOMEGIRL!! Never have I loved Paltrow more.
Claire: I think I’m a coldplay fan now because of this…
WOW!! I just can’t.
- NPH!!! Heart him.
This has nothing to do with anything but I just found it.
- I’m digging Katy Perry right now. I look down for a second and she’s floating.
- Is that her wedding???? Why would you do that??
- I’m gonna make fun of love.
- “Teenage Dream”… this is Claire’s dream right now.
- Nicole Kidman has never been more of a fan. Girl is jamming out.
Ok… I feel like this post is overflowing with words. I’m gonna move Part Deux elsewhere.
I’m pretty sure I freaked out about D Man singing “Died In Your Arms Tonight” already, but I have nothing else to write about today… so I’m gonna dredge up some D Man for you.
This video “I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight” (by the way… I call that song something else every time I type it out) is even better than the last one I saw because of many, many things.
1) He has a “Book It” shirt on. I actually said “NO WAY!!” and texted my BFF, Devy Wevy Bevy immediately. Remember that whole campaign?? I grew up in the 90′s so this may be dated, but it was awesome. You read a book, got a sticker, and once you had 5 stickers on your button you carted you and your family to Pizza Hut, slammed your bedazzled button on the counter and said “free personal pan pizza pleeeeease!!!”, all while grinning like a wild amazon child. At least that’s how I did it. (I didn’t own a straightener when I was 7.)
I’ve never read literature so fast as a child. I devoured R.L. Stine novels as I nibbled on some pizza. It was such a sweet deal for my 7-year-old self. I got banned from reading at age 8 because Mamadukes said I had to kick the habit.
2) Another reason this is great is because he’s rocking the © Moop. A sweaty © Moop.
3) And at one point he is talking about grabbing asses. I don’t really understand why… It feels like I walked into a middle of a conversation. But I’m sure if you were there it was a hilarious conversation that you’ll tell your grandchildren about.
I just really want to ask him about his “Book It” habit that he might have had as a child. I can already tell we are going to bond over this fun fact.
Anyway… enjoy that video.. and go read a book. And then eat some pizza. Duh.
PS This is the ext conversation I had about “Book It”
Rocco: Do you remember “Book It”???
Devy Wevy Bevy: No… what’s book it?
Rocco: When you read books, got stickers and got free pizza from Pizza Hut.
Rocco: Still no fond memories?? You must not be literate.
Devey Wevy Bevy: Oh yes. Vaguely. I must have been more concerned with other things back then… like being socially capable.
D Man does not know what’s up…. he’s apologizing for things that he should not be apologizing for.
A D Man enthusiast, EyesWideShut, sent me this video of Davey saying sorry to his Mamadukes for his pants.
I know, I know…. like the rest of you, I thought he was going to say… “sorry for my tight ass pants Ma.” But he was just going on about how someone stole his belt.
And to that I say two things 1) go buy a new belt and 2) that’s weird… who would take your belt??
And one more reason why those pants are inappropriate…. wardrobe malfunctions.
They apparently untie and have a mind of their own. Or someone made a voodoo doll and is doing this magic from a dark corner. I would not be shocked if that was the case.
I just can’t stress enough that those pants should never be worn again. Thank Oprah they are hanging up in some case in London and/or California.