Posts Tagged ‘Fantasia’
I mean, if Phillip Phillips had one on, I’d MAYBE approve, but Fantasia and Chaka Khan… WTF?
I saw Fantasia drag queen it up in her little number, but what I didn’t notice was the piece of fabric missing from the side of it.
Please tell me that it’s just fabric that matches her skin tone and not actually a cut out! The sequin onesie is bad enough, but to have a flash of thigh is even more atrocious. Who is her stylist? They should probably be on the unemployment line today…. along with Chaka Khan’s stylist.
I thankfully missed this for my recap, but unfortunately stumbled upon it yesterday. What the hell? Why is she wearing that? It’s a another sequin onesie, with a cape. FYI, the cape does not make it better.
What are the chances of two people wearing hideous cat suits to the same event? I must have missed the cat suit memo. I better pick one up.
I can’t even bring myself to watch the whole thing. Joshua Ledet should never duet with anyone but Phillip Phillips. I much prefer their awkward, homoerotic love duets than this confusion.
At some points I honestly couldn’t tell who was the man and who was the woman.
OK this part is an edit for Revolution-er Jenn. We discussed this privately but needs to be shared: Fantasia’s cat suit was inappropriate and out of control. She looked like a drag queen. I tried to specifically make an entire post on it but I just didn’t have time (or the stomach for it) so right here and now I will tell you that I did not need to see her camel toe for 3 minutes. I’d rather see Joshua in that outfit. Or PP… let’s be real; his chest hair would look fantastic sprouting from that pleather)
And the screaming. Why? The freak out screeching was unnecessary!
I mean, if they are going to make us watch these two on stage, why not have them sing that awesome Fantasia song about collard greens and corn bread. <– that’s seriously one of her songs.
Let’s just reminisce about the good times.
Forced bromance? Dueling racist pianos? Golden stuff, you guys.
Call me crazy, but I think she’s one of those people who maybe shouldn’t be having another child right this second. I mean, she did release a song called “Collard Greens and Cornbread” and speaks in a pitch that very few can understand.
I’m not even going to pretend I understood half of what she was saying. I just read an article that said she was pregnant and had this video attached. I literally can’t hear the pitch that comes out of her mouth. I do not have ears like a dog.
What I am concerned about is why all those children are just standing around on stage?? If you are going to use child labor… at least make them move around some equipment or something.
I receive this text last night from my BFF, Tin.
LMAOOOO! Fantasia is singing about cornbread
I think everyone in the world sent that text to somebody.
1) She looks like that girl from Jessica Rabbit in her dumb dress.
2) I can not understand a word she says when she speaks. Why does her voice sound like that? How can anyone take her seriously?
3) I wish I couldn’t understand what she was saying while she was singing because I’m pretty sure the song was a recipe for collard greens and cornbread.
4) I just don’t get it. And I especially don’t get her blonde weave.
And then the best marketing for a movie came on stage in the form of Jamie Foxx and Will I Am. I think this song was called chicken wings or something, but it was pretty much another stereotype.
1) I really want to see Rio now.
2) Don’t even tell me Naima wasn’t on that stage. She might have even choreographed that number for all I know.
I’m not even black and I was offended. But then again let’s remember who is producing this show… a rich, white (ugly?) man.
Swear to Oprah that’s happen. Take a guess what the name of the song is???
You’ll never guess. “Collard Greens and Cornbread”.
I really hope I fall asleep during next week’s American Idol results show… because that is just ridiculous.
Also, Will I Am will be back with his plastic head-gear to sing a song about food as well. Guess what the name of that song is??
You’ll never guess. It’s called “Hot Wings (I Wanna Party)”. The hot wings part isn’t even in parentheses, so that means it’s actually about hot wings right?? Gross.
Ummmm if Nigel Lythgoe doesn’t serve the audience next week a full course soul food meal…. they may just murder him.
It’s like the Cracker Barrel edition of American Idol.
Lee D. was on Good Day LA and this show is a GEM!! Regis and Kelly can not even compare to the insanity/hilarity on this show… but I’m pretty sure it’s because the hosts hate each other. They are the Regis and Kelly on crack.
I don’t even know their names, but if that woman was ever found dead… that white-haired man would be the main suspect. That’s all I’m saying.
I give Lee D. props for walking into the lion’s den because they didn’t as much interview him as ask him stupid questions. And I know your all saying “Rocco… you moron! What do you call your questions??” And to that I say “shut up… my interview is more a conversation with sprinkles of discovery!”.
Blew. Your. Minds.
Plus, who his favorite founding father is essential to find out in a pending friendship?? Like I said before…. if you say John Jay, we gotta talk.
Anyway… click on the picture below to see this interview over at Red Beanie Blog.
-Ask him about paint. Please. I want to hear details this time.
- Ummm that is the heart of the ocean if I’m not mistaken. Dawson. Lee Dawson. (<— that joke never gets old. Never)
- I almost forgot about his love affair with Steven Tyler. Bromance for the ages.
- Told you he had post traumatic stress/ flashbacks. Did I not just say that about a week ago?? The answer to that is yes. I’m such a prophet sometimes.
- He clearly doesn’t want to tour with the other winners. Never seen him look more uncomfortable.
That is an awful screen cap to portray my point. But you have eyes, you saw it. Trust your eyes.
I’d actually pay to see that. Minus Fantasia… she can’t be allowed. I can’t even understand her. The pitch of her voice does not register in my cerebellum. At all.
Good interview. Those may be my favorite morning talk show hosts ever. I wonder what’s in their coffee cups because that sure as shit is not anything Starbucks sells.
I can’t find a stream.. so I’m missing the beginning. Steven Tyler better not be having his meltdown, which is bound to happen. Oh wait I got a stream
. Let’s send money to CaliKatCSU because she found me a link. Thanks girl!
Tonight’s auditions take place in San Francisco… so I expect a lot of gay people and people who sing the Rice-A-Roni theme song. Is that judgemental of me?? Yes.
Steven Tyler looked normal tonight, And that is weird. Things are not starting off on the right foot. I’m already bored.
Russian Stripper Inessa:
The first scene I see when I find a link is a girl in the shower and then stripping.
A Russian stripper… how original.
And she married an Asian man for citizenship. She is a winner.
She has a velour pink sweat suit on….
Jennifer Lopez Selena Y Los Dinos is jealous of it.
I don’t know how many times I have to say it… anyone over the age of 18 SHOULD NOT HAVE A SWOOP. That MAN in green had a swoop.
Stefan “spanish name”: (I can’t remember his name)
I have a crush. He may be gay.
Oh he was in an accident. I feel bad for saying he might be gay.
This is sad. And what’s sadder is his dad looks like Howie Mandel.
What a montage with the epic, rock music. He has my vote.
He just tickled the ivories by his crotch. HAH! That made me laugh.
He’s good. I can stand to look/listen to him for the next few months. I think.
Clint Joon Bug:
NICE GLASSES!! So this is what hipsters in San Fran look like… interesting.
Oh wow… he’s a great dancer.
BRUNO!! You don’t hold a candle to Bruno or Andrew Garcia. I can’t say I like this.
This just made me miss Bruno Mars.
Get contacts Joon Bug!
I want to watch Jumanji really bad right now.
J Lo turned into super bitch right then.
I may have dated this guy at one point in my life.
He has a stylish Amish beard.
He’s creative.. he sings a song about driving.
But he’s an idiot because he doesn’t know the words.
I’m really bad at recapping these montages that they throw in. They played Katy Perry “California Girls” and the girls were from California. Ironic.
If they are in San Fran… how far is Hollywood?? They should just hand them $2.25 and tell them to get public transportation to Hollywood.
Idol feels the need to put up subtitles when people have accents. We’re not retarded Idol… America has many different cultures … we can understand people with accents.
I just missed that sad story because I was yelling at Idol.
Why is she dressed like that??
I thought she was going to sing NKOTB “Summertime” . Sad story.
She has a pretty voice and a pretty face… she’ll go far.
WELCOME TO AMERICA! That’s how you advance in life.
(speaking of Fantasia. Have you heard she isn’t pregnant?? She’s just eating a lot for a movie role. That sounds like fun.)
Wow. I’m very bored by Idol tonight.
Could you imagine waking up to that in your face?? That never happened to me (obviously)… but could you imagine?? I’m gonna ask Lee D. that question.
Long Haired Dave:
He needs a haircut.
Finally… Steve Tyler freaked out. He looked like he was having a seizure.
I’m not jealous of his hair. At all.
Steven Tyler is annoyed by a montage of people. One guy looked like Jesus.
Emily “I wish I Was Like Crystal Bowersox”:
I feel bad because her house burned down (that happened to Kelly Clarkson.. so it happens a lot with Idol people. I blame Ryan.)
She’s like Crystal Bowersox. I’m going to like her… but then want to punch her every time she wants the violins to play for her.
Her voice sounds like that old Hollywood sound. Just not commercial enough.
I just said the exact opposite of what Selena said. Me and Selena would not be friends.
Okay.. I don’t like this girls voice. I want to walk away every time she sings… and I definitely lowered the sound when she picked up the gee-tar.
James I Love My Faux Hawk:
Okay… this last guy is Adam Lambert and that water works kid Josiah Lemming all rolled into one faux hawk.
Oh Oprah.. the Dad is not going to be alive.
Oh no! This is sad.
I hope this kid isn’t going to be on Celebrity Rehab in 3 years.
OH MY!! Tourette’s and Aspergers?? I feel awful for saying he was gonna kick it with Dr. Drew.
This kid wins!
I thought Heidi was his mom… but he has a baby with her and that doesn’t happen in San Fran.
Okay… that kid is F-in cute.
I’m not really into him.
He sounds like Adam Lambert circa now.
GLAMBERTS ARE GONNA LOSE THEIR MINDS OVER HIM!! They’ll either want to kill him or will bake elaborate cakes for his birthday.
I don’t like him… do you all hate me??
Hmm auditions are over. The OCD in me is annoyed that they are starting Hollywood week on a Thursday. Start it on a new week. Obnoxious.
I’m glad they showed people breaking down.. it really makes me want to watch.
USA Today has thrown Lee bear into another battle. I feel like a sports commentator with all these competitions. Who would have thought that someone who couldn’t even hit the ball in T-Ball as a child, would be talking fake sport competitions? Don’t let anyone tell you dreams don’t come true. They do.
Lee bear is in a battle with stupid things for “Biggest America Idol Story of 2010″. Let me show you the dumb choices people have to vote for:
1) A suicide?? They are playing a serious, sad event in one’s life against an awesome happy event in another person’s life. I may be inappropriate at times (okay a lot of times) but I have some sensitivity to issues like ohhhh I don’t know?? Suicide! But, I like how they make the comeback the second portion of that option. Stupid choice USA Today. Plus… I can’t understand what Fantasia says. She wouldn’t be able to thank me for voting for her via video. I’d have no idea what she was saying.
2) Jennifer Hudson is an actor, we get it. She was better than Beyonce in Dreamgirls (I’m sorry Beyonce… you’re still way more entertaining…. ‘to the left to the left’) and she is super skinny. She has nothing to do with season 9 and I’m pretty sure she never mentions Idol anymore. Another dumb choice.
3) Okay Adam Lambert is a huge star, I kinda get this one. But still has nothing to do with Season 9. Shouldn’t it be about this season? Maybe I’m missing the point of this. (on a side note… I want to hang out with him… I feel like he’d be hilarious and plus he can give me some makeup tips. I would never take fashion tips from him though… I don’t think I should be wearing a studded crotch cap. Not my style)
4) I don’t really care that Carrie Underwood got married. At least make the options about their career, not their personal lives. Is it so shocking that a talented, intelligent, beautiful woman got married? No, it isn’t. (oooo I sounded like I have a crush on her hahahha)
5) This is the only legit one because we all know I heart Simon Cowell. And this is directly related to season 9. I thought about voting for this, but then I realized I don’t want to reward this behavior. I’m sad he left (but X Factor will heal those wounds). But thank you USA Today for giving me a logical choice to choose from. Get my brain to think.
6) Okay here is another good option. But I don’t really care. I just want to hear Steven Tyler scream a lot. You know he’s just gonna be “YEAAAAHHHHHH!!”-ing the whole time, whilst holding up a rock on sign. That’s code for “I love you”… and when his head hits the table, that’s code for “you suck, I’m bored.” Now that I think about it… I should probably vote for this.
7) Really ??? “Pants On The Ground”??? Who finalized these choices??
8 ) The big one missing is ‘Crystal Bowersox’ DIDN’T win American Idol”. Wasn’t that the biiiiiiig story?? As annoying as that notion is… at least use it. It was a big story about THIS season of Idol, no matter how childish and pointless is was. Give those fans something else to get riled up about.
Here are the results as of now:
I just watched the American Idol: Welcome Home Special and I’m here to tell you not to watch it. But, if you really want to, here it is.
It’s not that exciting. The first 5 minutes or so I was like “aww this will be fun to watch… like a short film”, but then I got bored and found myself only listening and watching for funny moments.
And this is what I bring you.
American Idol: Welcome Home Special; Through The Eyes Of Rocco:
1) The opening line is my absolute favorite. Brought to us by Lee bear, of course; his sum up of the his time on American Idol…” it was gonna be easy, you go in there sing some songs, relax, hang out do your thing…. you know, you win or you don’t”.
This can only be said by him because I’m convinced he’s hilarious in real life (as opposed to the fake one we know him in) and because he actually won. The guy who got kicked out during hollywood week isn’t this nonchalant I’m sure… you know?
2) Kris with a K Allen has a serious twang. And come to think of it… so do most of the other idols. (minus David Cook and Lee D.)
3) David Cook straight up lies about how is teacher makes him sing in front of the class when he didn’t want to. She tells us this isn’t true. Wow… nice editing AI producers.
4) Ruben Studdard’s brother looks like him and hates when he sings.
5) Oh and Nigel Lythgoe is a jerk and told Ruben Studdard he didn’t look like an American Idol. AKA he thought he was too fat.
6) And they thought Taylor Hicks was too old.
7) Lee D.’s friends (one whose last name is Smiley, like Miley with a “S”, and the other, Brian, looks like him) say he is a goofball and not cheap. So, it confirms my theory that he is hilarious so he can get away with saying things like in statement 1.
8 ) I really like Kelly Clarkson… she is never annoying to me.
9) Carrie Underwood got all glam and saves animals.
10) I have no idea what Fantasia was saying because I can’t understand her. Literally, can not understand a word coming out of her mouth. I heard something about a lifetime movie.
That’s pretty much what was going on during that 22 minutes. And you’re welcome I just shortened it to 2-5 minutes depending on your speed of reading.