Posts Tagged ‘Grammy Awards 2011’
I really like this “Just A Kiss” song. I don’t know what it is. Whenever these people release a song, I’m obsessed with it right away.
And it doesn’t hurt that the blonde guy with the beard is a little sex pot.
I haven’t even watched the J Lo performance and I already like this better.
(**Editor’s note: This was written at a ridiculous hour. My plan was to edit it this morning to make it presentable. Scratch that idea. This is the unedited, most ridiculous version. If I learned one thing in my 8 months as a blogger…. editing is overrated**)
(HAHHA Swear to Oprah “loquacious” is a synonym for “chatty”. I’m so happy that word exists. I was going for ‘Chatty Cathy’… but this is way funnier! Things like this let me know Oprah is real.)
Ask me what I just did?? Don’t worry it’s nothing gross.
I’ll tell you. I took a nap at 11:58 PM, which was supposed to be a 30 minute tiger snooze to revamp my mind and body so I can finish all the posts I had to do….but then it turned into a freakin’ 2 hour snoozefest. A SNOOZEFEST! It’s now 2:16AM and I’m up and I’m determined to finish these posts. Come hell or high water you will know my thoughts on this Lee D. business!! (because you all still care right??<— paranoia hits me in the middle of the night)
So, that’s my disclaimer. It’s extremely late right now. And Mamdukes you can hang up that phone… I know it’s completely ridiculous that I’m up finishing all these posts. But this is my form of dedication. This is my version of sending sexual innuendos via Twitter, this is my version of driving long hours to go see a concert (seriously… come to NYC. I don’t have a car), and there is no way in hell that I’d ever get any sort of tattoo in relation to Lee D. (I should actually tattoo “Earth Stood Still”… that’s kind of genius.) so this is my version of all of that. A BLOG POST! Told you I’m an actual fan. I cross my heart.
Anyway…this Ustream thing happened in Connect i cut. And Lee D’s broadcast was way better than Charlie Sheen’s. I’m glad no goddesses were present and I’m really glad no shanks were visible (it could have been in his shoe… I don’t know these things.)
Charlie Sheen= out of his mind. Lee D= totally sane individual. Thank Oprah!
Imagine that was the end of this blog? That would be pretty funny. But keep reading.
Click on this extremely creepy picture of the twinsie version of Lee D to see this awesome ass interview. Seriously imagine it’s 2:30 in the morning and this is the picture you steal from Red Beanie Blog. It’s kind of frightening. I will obviously have a nightmare tonight. Thanks a lot DeWyze!
(That’s Lee D. in two awesome outfits. Double the fun! What a treat for me.)
1) Favorite past time is camping??? Oh my. Fishing?? Oh no. I caught a catfish once when I was at the lake in 3rd grade with my best friend. The catfish bit me!! I just remember screaming and calling it a “stupid catfish”. Do catfish even bite? Maybe I poked myself with the hook? Do I hate fishing for no logical reason?? Probably.
2) Asia. Fun. Get your passport brother. I’m glad he’s planning his plane crash over the ocean. Don’t say things like that Lee D. That’s cool though… he’s seen Titanic. He’ll survive. It’s kinda, sorta the same thing.
3) Favorite band to cover?? Good question. Mumford & Sons cover. My awesome Grammy recap obviously convinced him. You’re welcome. (Remember that performance?? So good)
He’s such a little giggle bear. My goodness. I can’t decided if I’m delusional in the wee hours of the morning or if this is legit. Is he cracking up laughing?? I LOVE IT!
4) Late night snack?? Don’t eat late because you get agida. GOLDFISH! I legit had those for dinner tonight. CHEEZ-ITS!?!? I knew that was in the treat hat. I knew it! (I’m sorry I just shouted a lot at you. I just get excited when I’m correct about things.) And now this tweet makes sense.
Love that people think of me when things like this come up. I made my mark on this world.
5) He obviously drummed when he had a swoop bang. Obviously. (
I can’t find the picture I’m thinking about but you al know what I speak of right???)
These people are asking legit questions. I’m going to outsource my questions for any future interview I have with anybody in the world. My next first date I will even outsource some questions. I’ll let you know when that happens.
6) Don’t be politically correct. Have you learned anything??
7) I don’t even know what he’s talking about. Something about “his story” on Idol and how he doesn’t care about other people and what they say. That was just a long answer and I have no idea what the question was. Please inform me. Not his fault though.. I decided to have a text convo midway through his answer. I was being rude.
8 ) He loves random questions?? PERFECT!!! I’m your interview-er girl!! Do you know the questions I have up my sleeves?!?! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW! I’m sorry I’m yelling, but the fact that he just said that open the flood gates. He said it and brought it up…not me. Just saying.
9) He just related “Beautiful Like You” to everything in currently in my life right now. I feel like he bugged my apartment and is listening to my conversations. I’m going to weep when I hear that song again.
10) He’s wearing the heart of the ocean. Just want to point that out.
11) Since we are talking about inspiration and he’s going on and on about something…. you bring out the funny in the Revolution. Just FYI.
12) I wrote my 8th grade music project on Paul Simon, because I thought he was a Beatle. I was disturbed to find out the truth. Fun fact on Rocco’s childhood.
13) He just yelled at that interview-er girl. That will most likely happen between us. I’m almost confident that will happen within the first 15 minutes. Shit.. the first 7 minutes.
14) I was not expecting this to be this long. OH MY OPRAH!
Okay… it’s over. That was really long and intense and now it’s even later than I imagined.
I have no idea how to end this.. did he perform or something???
I’ll just stick this in here for good measures.
I apologize for the lack of pictures.
That title makes absolutely no sense. Sorry.
I may have posted this already… or I may have not. I honestly do not remember.
Bruno Mars breaks down “Grenade” and performs it for Billboard Magazine’s studio session. Those are the facts.
And for some more facts…. he’s good.
I’m not really a fan of this slowed down version (I love the drum beat in the original) but no one can deny that this guy doesn’t have a great voice. It’s such a throw back.
I should probably pay to see him live.
There was nothing funny about this post. Sometime I just want to post music without having to be funny. That’s cool right?? You’ll still read this right?? Awesome.
Justin Bieber is going to take another $17 from me this weekend because Never Say Never: Fan Director’s Cut will be released this Friday. I’m so glad I have plans for this weekend.
40 MINUTES OF NEW FOOTAGE!?!? I’m going to pay $17 dollars to see 40 minutes. I pretend I’m mad… but inside my heart is weeping with joy. I can’t wait to put on those 3D glasses again to hide my tears. Tears of pride.
Oh and my little angel muffin circa 2011 got a new haircut, won MVP at the celebrity all-star game, lost a Grammy, got killed on CSI, and his Never Say Never: Remixes is #1. And double uh-oh Oreos…. My World 2.o is also on the charts at #4.
Raise your hand if you are f-in impressed.
Adele and Darius Rucker (The Hootie & The Blowfish guy) sang Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now”… and even though I was so sick of this song after it swept the Grammy’s… I’m back into it with Adele singing. I’m obsessed with her lately. I saw her in concert and just can’t stop listening to her.
Check it out… it’s pretty good.
Oh and by the way… that was definitely not my two favorite things. You can all stop questioning my sanity.
My two favorite things are Titanic and Abe Lincoln. And look what was on-screen at the same time during a documentary about the Presidents. (I had to put this in a random post because by itself would’ve been really strange.)
Can you believe that?? Whenever this President thing originally aired, they were also discussing Titanic stuff. I probably didn’t leave the couch that weekend with all this educational television of my favorite things.
That is all.
I totally tried to come up with the most random/intriguing title to suck you in… because to be honest, I’m not really sure what this is about.
A new interview from Lee D.’s
audition for the next season of Jersey Shore from the Grammy Awards has emerged. If you click on Tool bear you can see it.
1) Nice salute. Very fitting for President’s weekend. WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT AND WHY??? Ohhh too bad interview Jamboree wasn’t today… that questions makes a lot more sense than on some random day in May.
2) This guy is asking him about standard text messaging rates, yet my interview questions are looked at as dumb. Where is the justice in this nation?!?!
3) I promise to never bring up Idol. I don’t even want him to say the word “American”. Unless, we are talking about the presidents. Duh.
4) I’m also going to ask him who his favorite founding father is. I hope it’s Ben Franklin because I just adore Ben Franklin. Seriously.. I did a project on him in 3rd grade and drew this kick ass picture of him discovering electricity and ever since then when people would as me who my favorite founding father was… I said without missing a beat “Ben Franklin duh”.
5) That was such a dumb interview… I’ve never seen Lee D. move so fast. He was so over that. I thought he got a shock from the seat due to his rapid movement upward.
6) Thanks for reading this and watching that. I feel like I should give you back 3 minutes of your time.
Thank Oprah this dude signed his name, as opposed to anonymous, because people would have thought I wrote this letter to the New York Times, and it would have been a convoluted mess.
Steve Stoute is a record executive and rapper Nas’ manager and apparently a giant Justin Bieber fan.
Stoute wrote a letter to the NYT this past Sunday where he said that the RIAA proved that they are “out of touch with contemporary pop culture.” (Can’t deny that.) He goes on to say that “the ceremony and the performance aspect of the show, contradict the voting system and the voters refuse to allow for changing trends and popular artists.” (This guy is a genius!)
“How is it that Justin Bieber, an artist that defines what it means to be a modern artist, did not win Best New Artist? Again, his cultural impact and success are even more quantifiable if you factor in his YouTube and Vevo viewership–the fact that he was a talent born entirely of the digital age whose story was crafted in the most humble method of being “discovered” purely for his singing ability (and it should be noted that Justin Bieber plays piano and guitar, as evidenced on his early viral videos).”
Never seen a bigger Bieber fan in my life. And not just because I adore my little angel muffin, I have to agree with Stoute. Even those other Best New Artist nominees are a major influence on pop culture. Shit… Drake sold millions with his mix tape before he even had a legit record deal.
Stoute also brings up the time Eminem lost to Steely Dan and Kanye West lost to Herbie Hancock. This guy is pissed.
Wow. This was such a serious post. I apologize. I just wanted to share this guy’s words with you all. Let it sink in and then forget about it, I guess… because it doesn’t really matter at this point.
ItsMyT1me sent this to me and I’m so grateful. I didn’t even know he was doing an All-Star Basketball game and I don’t even know why. But let’s be real… I wouldn’t have watched it anyway.
Unless Leonardo DiCaprio is asking me to sit court side with him at a Lakers game I want nothing to do with basketball.
Anyway… J Biebs was the shortest angel muffin on the court and he still won MVP.
He’s so talented.
As ItsMyTime said… who needs a Grammy??
Rocco: Mom… I saw Never Say Never. Greatest movie ever. I cried at one point.
Mamadukes: I don’t like that Justin Bieber… he’s kind of conceited isn’t he??
Rocco: MOM!! Don’t say that!!! He’s an angel muffin.
*watching a Justin Bieber commercial*
Rocco: I love that kid. He’s so awesome.
Big D: He’s an asshole.
Rocco: SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!
How can I possibly share DNA with these people?? I want to see my birth certificate immediately!!
I think her face is just so sore from those stupid prosthetic spikes protruding from it.
Either that, or she’s an idiot.
Oh, and she was asked who she would want to play her in a movie… and because she thinks about these things she had an answer right away.
Either Rosario Dawson and Marisa Tomei. These choices are bad because Lady Gaga is not black and not 45.