Posts Tagged ‘Katniss’
I don’t know what it is about these movies, but even though I’ve read the books, I can never remember shit about it.
Like, when did this all happen. I honestly don’t remember any of this. Why is everyone trying to shoot Katniss? Has Peeta Bread gotten shorter? Why is Phillip Seymour Hoffman such an asshole? WHAT IS GOING ON!??!
Catching Fire comes out November 22.
Entertainment Weekly has got your Finnick/Hunger Game crack that everyone is feigning for.
Now, listen— I have a reputation for reading the Hunger Game trilogy but having no clue what it’s about or who any of these people are. I proved that my reputation is holding strong because I of course had no idea who Finnick was until I had a Twitter conversation with fellow Revolution-er Tatiana. She schooled me on who this spandex, Aquaman looking dude was— he’s the guy who secretly has a heart of gold and is totally in love with a crazy bitch (she’s only crazy because the Hunger Game government sucks balls!).
Sam Calfin, the actor who portrays Finnick, looks like a wax doll/Ken doll on crack so I’m a fan— I can’t wait for Catching Fire to come out.
But I swear– I’m going to re-read this book and work on my reading comprehension.
Of Course ‘Mocking Jay’ Will Be Split Into Two Movies And I Get The Whole Liam Hemsworth Thing For About A Minute
Posted July 11, 2012on:
In completely obvious and “reasons why Hollywood doesn’t have to think anymore” news, Mocking Jay, the final book in The Hunger Games series, will be split into to movies.
Part I has a release date of November 21, 2014 and Part II comes out November 20, 2015. I just really hope that I don’t have a baby by then because I’d really like to see these movies in theaters.
And in sort of related and me trying to bring up Liam Hemsworth in a funny way—- raise your hand if you think Liam and Miley Cyrus will be divorced by Part II??
BOOM! Another literature series reference— damn I’m good.
Anyway, Liam Hemsworth was photographed meandering JFK airport on Monday and I looked at these photos and thought “hmm he’s kind of cute. His eyes aren’t as close-set as I originally believed them to be”.
But seriously… Peeta Bread is going to look so mature and hot in 2015 and Liam will look like a divorcee and probably be wrapped up in Scientology by then.
Let me just say, the odds would never be in my favor. I fully admit here and now that I’d be dead in two seconds. You know when they all come out of the glass tubes at the arena and have to fight for supplies? Well, that’s when I’d meet my demise. Anyone would be able to kill me… even Rue.
I also realized I’d never be able to win The Hunger Games because I’d die of dehydration. I couldn’t even sit for 2 hours in the movie theater without declaring every 5 minutes how thirsty I was and clutching my dry, burning throat. It was intense.
Anyway, I’m glad The Hunger Games doesn’t exist in real life (Please Barack Obama be re-eleceted because I feel like that might happen if the Republicans take over. Just saying.), but I’m really glad the movie existed. Below are my bulleted thoughts of the movie in no particular order. AKA it’s really random and you may feel the needs to take ADHD medication afterward:
- There is no way Miley Cyrus missed Liam Hemsworth , who played Gale, soooooo much while he was filming this movie because he was literally in 3 scenes. Did he even need to prepare? I think not. I can remember 17 words right before I shoot 2 scenes too! There is no way Liam Hemsworth was on set for more than 5 days. I just want to make that point.
- I was apparently drunk when I read the books because I remember jack shit about them. In between my parched calls for help and/or liquid in my mouth as soon as possible, I also declared how I had no idea who everyone was, what was happening and why it was happening. My reading comprehension is for shit.
- This movie was sad and heart wrenching. Rue dies. OMG KILL ME NOW! Katniss placing flowers all over her dead body to show respect. AHHHH MY HEART! Katniss then holding up 3 fingers to the cameras after she gangster kisses them…. MY EYEBALLS ARE NOW CRYBALLS!! Rue, I love you. I’m whistling to the mockingjays right now.
- Whoever the costume designer in this movie was sucked. He/she was on drugs. Why was my Peeta Bread dressed like a gay man? And why did was Katniss dressed like a 47 year old gym teacher at a parent teacher conference when she wasn’t fighting for her life? Lame.
- More on the costume design… we couldn’t get better CGI?? Girl on fire?? Girl in a bad green screen enhanced dress! As my friend put it last night “we can make the Titanic re-sink, but we can’t get more life-like flames!”. And yes we bring up Titanic in our everyday conversations.
-Cato is an asshole. Like, a giant asshole. And his little friends, like the black-haired girl and whoever the hell “Foxface” is, are douche bags.
- Peeta Bread!! Where do I start? How I love thee. I make fun of him everyday of my life for some reason, but I just want to eat poison berries with Peeta Bread all the damn time.
- Peeta Bread did not paint himself in the swamp area. I’m sorry. That didn’t happen. He can’t find food/water, but he can find paint, prosthetics and supplies to SFX his face up?
- Stanley Tucci is the best part of this movie. My god… what a gem!
-Lenny Kravitz… what an actor. He’s my new Ludacris.
By the way… I thought this was a good time to cry obnoxiously as well.
- I want to be BFF with Jennifer Lawrence so bad. (No offence Taylor Swift) Major girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. (Also… little side note: not enough Taylor Swift music, and by not enough I mean NONE! Really crappy score)
Plus, if we were BFF she would be my alliance in The Hunger Games. And even though I’d die an untimely death because I have no survival skills, she buried my body like a champ!
Needless to say, my mind was running a mile a minute during this movie, and I liked it. It took me 24 hours to digest it all and to put it in incomprehensible words like these, but I think you’ll agree, that it was worth it.
And as a bonus a true life story: During the romantic scene of Peeta Bread and Katniss in the cave (where by the way they needed to make out way more and she needed to call him Peeta Bread just once) my good friend Alex leans over to me and sings “they found love in a hopeless place”. And now I give you this gem:
God. That is so good.
PS I would never volunteer as tribute.
PSS Conversation with Mamadukes:
Mamadukes: Did you like the movie?
Rocco: Yeah! It was good. They did a good job.
Mamadukes: The commercial makes it look confusing. Meh.
Posted March 21, 2012on:
He could even get a pair of Tom Cruise’s.
Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta Bread in The Hunger Games, is the shortest man alive. It distracts me. Good thing *spoiler alert* he’s laying down a lot in the movie because I would be completely distracted over his height.
Anyway, Peeta Bread, Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Miley Cyrus’ giant boyfriend who misses her so much were in NYC yesterday causing traffic in Union Square (ugh annoying) and screening The Hunger Games. They all looked great… minus the height issue that gives me anxiety.
Aren’t there children in this movie? Stand Peeta Bread next to those shorties so he looks over the age of 13.
Posted March 13, 2012on:
I guess I have to write about The Hunger Games movie premiere that went down last night because that’s all that’s happening this morning.
Jennifer Lawrence, who plays badass Katniss (which by the way in my head I call her Katnip!),wore a bright gold dress and posed for the cameras like she’s been an avid viewer of America’s Next Top Model.
And then there was the boy who plays Peeta and he looks 12.
I have a little crush on this little guy.
And don’t you worry, Liam Hemsworth gets his own post because Miley Cyrus is unbearable.
He’s one of the tallest people I’ve ever seen. Australia must not have regulations on their water.
The only reason Liam Hemsworth is now on my radar is because of The Hunger Games. I mean, The Last Song was good, but him playing Gale will probably be better. I have such a predicament… should I like Gale better, or should I like Peeta?? I already like Peeta’s name more, but at moments Gale seems more badass. Ahhh predicaments!!!
I guess Gale wins this round, because 1) I can’t remember who plays Peeta and 2) by the looks of it, Liam Hemsworth is the tallest man on the planet so he can kick whoever plays Peeta’s ass.
And yes that’s Miley Cyrus. Let’s just assume that she’s high.