Posts Tagged ‘Rick Dees’
I swear. Last Lee D. thing of the day. My sister actually had the nerve to tell me I write “too much about that guy”. That was a direct quote and I wanted to throw my sweet potato roll in her face. Who says that??? And yes… I just put her on blast. He’s now allowed to make fun of her during Interview Jamboree.
Anyway…. I took a tiger snooze (and my iPod woke me up with a Lee song.. ironic) annnnnnd Barb bestowed upon me the 2nd part of the interview with Mr. Dees. I didn’t have to do one bit of digging for it. I love it. It was like waking up with a bowl of skit-tels on my end table. Fan-tas-tic!! Serendipity… sweet serendipity if you will. Does that even make sense??? I’m still half asleep.
1) Rick Dees is bossing Lee D. around with those microphones. Whoa. I wish Rick Dees was like my uncle or something. (no offense to real life uncles)
2) Okay… not my type of quiz… but I’ll give it to Rick Dees. Lee D. is going to be so disappointed in my random quiz now.
Rocco: Who was the 37th president?
Lee D: This is dumb. Rick Dees’ pop quizzes are better.
Rocco: *stunned* What?? What are you talking about?? I just whipped out some history!
Lee D: What is going on? Where am I??
Rocco: Wow. You want a quiz… play Backstreet Boys on your little gee-tar.
Lee D: *blank stare* You are out of your mind.
That may just be how Interview Jamboree ends. (I have no idea who the 37th President is by the way)
3) Ooooo “The Boxer” classic.
4) Since we’re talking about what we want to do with our life…. if I can’t write the Rev, I’d be pissed. On any level. Whether the thousands of people a day read this or just Mamadukes out loud to Big D(because Big D can’t work a computer), I’d be doing it. Mucho gracias.
5) That Eric Clapton is the most depressing song I’ve ever heard in my life! Seriously makes me want to kill myself. Mamadukes told me what that song was about once and I think I went into my room and cried while playing with my Barbies. It was weird.
6) I still want to touch those freakin’ buttons. Lee D. must not know those are there, because he’s just too calm. He didn’t reach over once to touch it.
7) Rick Dees just said “umbilical cord”. Great analogy.
8 ) I’m laying down typing this. I’m so talented. Just wanted to share that.
9) I told you Lee D. hates Ke$ha and her music. But not one really likes her. Unless, you are wasted out of your mind. (At least that’s when I want to listen to her.)
10) Rick Dees is kind of a genius. Lee D. writing for other people (*ahem* Nick Jonas) is the smartest thing he could ever do. When he’s 45, that’s what’s going to make him massive amounts of money.
11) Beyonce and Lee collabo. DONE! I’m there!
That was a good interview. I like this Rick Dees fella.
So sorry for the lack of pictures. This interview should be enough.
Posted March 26, 2011on:
Okay… so scratch that tiger snooze I’ve been anticipating since 7AM. Lee D. and Rick Dees ruined it for a hot second.
Tiger snooze is put on hold.
1) Rick Dees loves Lee D. and his giant watch that he obviously uses as a weapon. Who needs a body-guard when you have that watch?? Not Lee D. He fired some massive man in Seattle when he purchased that watch.
2) Lee D. barely passed the central nervous system test. But that’s impressive to me…. I’m astounded he could do that with such swag. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. I would have a panic attack every week. I once didn’t give a speech on muffins in 8th grade because I was so nervous about standing up in front of my class. <— Life of Rocco.. true life.
3) Being under stress messes up your voice?? Good to know. That explains why I sound like a man sometimes.<— It’s very jarring in the morning and the only reason I don’t have a morning radio talk show.
4) Lee D. is Dr. DeWyze and is a throat and nasal specialist now. I can’t believe he had time to get his PhD.
5) I’m so happy he’s a fan of sleep. Kind of ironic how he messed up my tiger snooze right now.
6) I think he hates Ke$ha. Just an inkling.
7) Rick Dees is super snazzy in that outfit. Sharp dresser.
8 ) Rick Dees is the one who is pushing this muscle bear thing Lee D has going on. Oh my Oprah! It’s all his fault. He’s been slipping him the Ron Ron juice.
9) Of course the album is about love. What else is there?? Nothing is the answer to that.
10) I want to touch every button that Rick Dees is sitting in front of. How is Lee D. not asking to touch those??? He has some serious willpower. I wonder what they all do??? Especially that red one. I’m so curious.
11) “stop right there I’m gonna give you a quiz”?!?!!? That’s how they end part 1??? I’m never gonna sleep now because I’m not gonna be able to stop thinking about this quiz. I hope it’s about the presidents. I’ll even except a “Boy Meets World” trivia game. (*hint* 7 out of 10 times the answer is Mr. Feeny.)
Back to my scheduled tiger snooze.
Lee D. should listen to this before he goes to bed to rest his voice. I mean duh. Bears are sort of related to tigers aren’t they??? We’re all the same in Oprah’s eyes.
Since I got your attention with the Lee D. title…. I wanted to say a big fat freakin’ thank you again for all the great birthday wishes and presents. Seriously. I’m astounded and kind of speechless. I know every artist says they have the best fans in the world (Backstreet Boys always say that and I agree because their diction and crowd participation singing is outstanding) but Lee DeWyze has the greatest fans. He says it all the time, and now I totally and officially agree with him. You guys are awesome and just the sweetest people in the world.
And after that b4alternative shout out that you guys made happen… I was so elated. I felt like I was in a freakin’ pop song.
Again, thank you so much. You’re making awesome things become my reality. <3
And now that we are all mushy and the love fest is happening… let’s throw Lee D. into the love fest yeah??
I knew you’d all agree.
Rick Dees is the bombdotcom and just plain hearts Lee D. He bestowed upon us some more gems from when Lee D. was kicking it in his studios a while back.
Just pretend the audio and visual are in synched. Or, here’s a great idea, mute it and just watch him, and then watch it a second time, and just close your eyes and listen. Perfect! (I think that was a serious run on sentence. I threw commas in there to disguise it… but there was no hope)
I love how he just makes up the melody. I used to do that in piano class in college, but the difference between the two of us is, I just didn’t know what I was doing so I was trying to impress my professor (who I had a teensy crush on) and Lee D. is actually just performing the song differently so we never get bored with him. Avant garde.
And this is just because I can’t neglect my love. Can you actually fall in love with a song?? Is that weird? Probably.
Rocco: I have a confession.
Boyfriend: Oh god. What?
Rocco: I love a pop song more than I love you.
Boyfriend: Thank you??
Rocco: I’m serious.
Boyfriend: Well, I love that new Far East Movement song more than you.
Rocco: Perfect. We’re on the same page. *high-five*
(That conversation never happened, but it might as well have)
If it wasn’t for Facebook, Twitter and/or Wikipedia… I’d have no idea whose birthday it was. I’m seriously considering putting friends’ birthdays on Wikipedia, so I have a reference point.
Twitter first informed me and then I fact checked (because I’m really trying to be a true blue blogger here) and sure enough… Rick Dees came into the world this day.
Go shorty… it’s yo birthday!!
I love giving birthday shout outs…it’s pretty much the reason why I started The Revolution (that and to talk about pop culture ALL DAY LONG). And I totally have to shout him out because he has a blossoming bromance with Lee D. (and I want him to sign my paycheck one day).
And this is my gift to Rick Dees…. I can only assume he respects the Biebs too. And if not… after this rendition of “Happy Birthday” he will.
And because this is the only picture I can find right now…so look at this.
I’m tired of this number game. I can’t think of anything exciting about the number 35. In fact… when I think of the number 35, I begin to panic because that’s my scary age.
Remember when Carrie Bradshaw and the gals were discussing their scary age?? Well, I decided mine is 35 (I do everything Carrie Bradshaw does). If I’m not super awesome (even more awesome than I am now) by the age of 35, I’ll freak out! So, thanks Lee D. I’m panicking at my tender age of 23 at 10AM because of this.
He beat Christopher of Daughtry so that’s good, and he’s on something called “Hot Adult”. Can’t complain about that. None of us are on that list.
Christopher of Daughtry should release something new. It’s not September, so stop singing about it…. but things are always serendipitous (hardest word to spell by the way.. I’ll let spell check handle that) so that song fits in every season. Think about that next time you write a song Christopher of Daughtry. Think about it.
Lee… you lost the piping on your jacket. Just saying.
So, that’s all I got for that countdown (my own meltdown)…. and I decided I needed more to give this post a pop of color. And guess who came to the rescue??? Red Beanie Blog. Shocking. I know.But, I’ve decided it’s not stealing… I’m just borrowing.
Anyway… first thing I see is Lee D’s pores in the form of this photo.
These were my immediate thoughts as my retinas scanned this photo (because I know you all care soooo much)
1) That hair is out of control. He definitely jooged (Is that how you spell that?? I just fact checked like a mofo and came up empty-handed, but think Queer Eye For The Straight Guy) it to the right (our left) for this photo.
2) Soul patch. Never noticed that. Remnants of the Amish obviously.
3) I fully convinced myself that Lee D and Red Beanie Blog are homies, so he obviously took this picture, emailed it to RBB (with that caption), with an extra love note that said this…
Red Beanie Blog,
Yo! Send this extreme close up to Rocco. Tell her Interview Jamboree is on. I’ll where the jacket.
Give that adorable dog a treat… tell him it’s from my hat. Heart ya homeslice *secret handshake*
That happened right? Cool.
And I’d like to formally extend and invitation to RBB to join us. (I call her for my team on any and all competitions that break out spontaneously). I’m probably going to need back up for when I run out my awesome questions…. because if he doesn’t answer them properly… things can go wrong.
This is turning into such an event… I have kiwis coming in, someone to hold my phone (because that devil phone literally falls to pieces constantly), a super talented artist is going to sketch this shindig like we are all on trial in court… it’s a mess.
Question: Does anyone swallow swords or throw flames?? We can turn this into a circus… Jersey Shore style.
I don’t know why I made this the “Lee D. edition”…it’s as if I have more of these in this series. That is not true at all.
I think I found some new Lee D. pictures?? Maybe?? There really just different poses and angles from the Rolling Stone gala and his photo shoot with Rick Dees.
But before we get into that…
People are just freaking the F out over this D Man song thing… is it really that big of a deal?? It’s great he gets this opportunity… it’s good promotion for his new album. And yes it sucks that they shifted things and booted Lee D.’s spot but 1) It’s better he’s on another day. Trust me. He won’t have to share limelight with D Man and Selena Y Los Dinos and 2) I’m sure they had the courtesy to play him “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” while they were breaking the bad news. They probably even had a video montage for him.
Things will be okay people!! At least you are not in the Libya amiright??? *high-five*.
(either everyone is laughing at that or they are never reading this again)
Anyway… I know everyone feels bad for Lee D. (and I do to, but again, have faith in Oprah… it’ll work out) but I’m a little mad at him. And yes, we are going to make this about me now.
WHERE’S MY PICTURE OF HIM AND JUSTIN BIEBER?!?! I refuse to believe that they didn’t kick it at the Rolling Stone gala. I have 3 new pictures from that day and no Biebs and Bear. My heart is breaking. Is this how everyone feels about the D Man/Idol thing??
1) I thought this looked like he tripped when I first glanced at it… but now that I glance again, it doesn’t. He just looks like he’s trying to find his light because he’s hoping Tyra Banks will see this and hire him as a male model for the next season of Top Model. He is so obsessed with his modeling career. But he did find his light. TAL-EN-TED!
2) This is just to prove he was in fact not wearing jeggins. If he was, I would refuse to write about him. We would be in such a fake fight… jeggins, plus the lack of Bieber and Bear picture would be too much for my heart to “bear”. Get it?? I just cracked myself up… and I’m sure I’m talking to myself right now anyway.
3) He had no idea there was a camera in his face . He looks like a deer. A Lee deer if you will. But more important than the burning of the retinas (his eyes will be fine… blink it out),… look at the glimmer on the heart of the ocean. What a beautiful necklace!! I’m going to ask if I can have that. I think he will hand it over without a fight. I’m pretty charming and witty.
And now for the new-found friendship that is Rick Dees and Lee bear. I’m obsessed. Rick Dees needs to be my mentor and STAT. (And I have no idea why my mentors are always men… I admit that it’s weird)
Look at the glee on Rick Dees face. I just want to go to lunch with him. I feel like he can give me such good advice about my career. I don’t even care that Lee D. is in that picture…. but he can come to lunch if he wants.
I forgot Lee D. had teeth. I haven’t seen them in months. Good to know they are still in his mouth. I don’t know where else they’d be but glad to know they are there.
Are we all friends again?? Good.
Listen to the greatest song on planet earth if not…
You are now promoting me to your friends. Thanks.
That song is like magic.
Posted March 1, 2011on:
But thanks for clicking on this and reading it anyway. Soldiers you all are. Soldiers!
You are way more on top of things than I am and I just missed/ignored this last night. (Pretty Little Liars was on last night. Enough said)
We all know that Lee D. got Da Bear-ed again and got shifted in the Idol schedule. But fret not my friends… this is better.
1) We get an ample amount of time to watch J Lo’s new music video, or to watch her perform, or watch whatever the hell she is doing, and we can focus on making fun of her. I can’t make fun of her and be amazed at Lee D./make fun of him a little at the same time. I do not have Charlie Sheen’s brain and I’m only human. It’s too much for me.
2) Let’s focus on the top 12. There will be STD’s flying around, love stories being exposed, Paul McDonald’s beautiful smile cracking the cameras from all its charm. Lee D. will get lost in the mix. I want just him on the show… so I (and we) can all focus on him.
3) Dancing Baby swears that the new single is “Stay Here” and he is just a dancing machine. He is shaking his diapered ass to prep for this performance and he just wasn’t ready for Thursday.
4) The record label has got to take care of some things. You can’t just throw out a single. And I know I may lose credibility writing this awesome-ass blog… but trust me. The record label has a reason and they are smart. (And I’m totally smart to by the way)
5) I have no other reasons I just waned to put a #5 to round things out.
Anyway… I forgot where I was going with this… oh right… I just ignored everything that was happening and missed this picture. I’m ashamed to call myself a Lee bear fan.
And this is obviously just an excuse for me to post a video of “Earth Stood Still”. I mean, isn’t that the purpose of my life??? To obsessively post “Earth Stood Still”. YES!
Wow. I close my eyes for 20 minutes and I wake up to some chaos on the Twitter front. Twitter stresses me out.
Anyway… Lee bear said this (You know the deal. Read it from top to bottom. I gotta recap Pretty Little Liars in 10 minutes… I’m too lazy to fix it.)
And the best tweet in response to that is…. RICK DEES!!!
HAH! That is funny. And no, it’s not just because I want Rick Dees to sign my paycheck one day. It’s because it’s true and funny.
I had no idea what happened on twitter… so many 140 characters engulfed my screen… and I just saw a bunch of “E”‘s, hearts, and “Z”‘s. I just walked away from my computer.
It’ll be okay! Lee D. will just perform another night. And hopefully all the STD’s will be gone by then (*cough Jovany cough*) and Lee D. can go there without a hazard suit. Because to be honest… I wouldn’t high-five him if I saw him in a picture next to Mr. STD… ya know?? Health reasons.
He just has to prepare a super awesome performance, get his hair did, and get a new outfit. Obviously.
And plus dancing baby has to rehearse for the performance.
PS or we could just blame Selena Y Los Dinos! Busti-CA CA!!
Rick Dees is just cool. I mean look at that thumbs up. We need to Photoshop this to get Lee D.’s thumb present in this picture… or just re-take it.
I can’t hate though.. he gave me a double thumbs up last time… I’ll have to just deal.
Sorry. This was a half- assed post. I just wanted to show off Rick Dees, who’s obsessed with Lee D., giving a thumbs up. It’s like a silent shout out to my heart.
Rick Dees kindly informed me of this via Twitter and I kindly informed a mental institution to go investigate the Ga.
I second that question… is that even legal??
Forget the lack of sanity and cleanliness of the whole thing… let’s discuss the legality.
She is such a freak. I’m going to judge anybody who buys this. I’m going to judge them hard.
I wonder where she’ll get the semen??