Posts Tagged ‘Rose DeWitt Bukater’
I experienced Titanic in 3D last night and it was the greatest thing my eyes have ever seen. I’m pretty sure it will trump the moment I give birth. And listen, I know I have a strange obsession with Titanic but it’s only because in a past life I was a passenger on Titanic. True story. I’m pretty sure that’s why I have a connection with Titanic.
Anyway, you need to see this film in 3D because it’s the most beautiful thing you’ll ever see. And lucky you… below I pointed out all the reasons why this movie is an adventure for the heart, mind, body and soul. (Note: these things may or may not have to do with 3D, but you get the idea)
- BILLY ZANE! Billy Zane you are such an asshole as Cal. Cal is just an awful human being. Part of me thinks he actually loves Rose, but the other part of me thinks he just likes to win (“I always win, Jack. One way or another”). But really… he’s just despicable. He frames Jack for theft, slaps his fiance, is over bearing, is probably sleeping with Rose’s mom, and kidnaps a 3rd class child to save his own ass (Because a man in a tux has a child who wears a fashionable doo-rag). But with that being said, he does is all while looking dashing. Billy Zane as Cal is a hottie. He has great hair, he dresses swanky, and he has an arrogant swag about him that causes you to fall a little bit in love with him, but I’d still rather be Jack’s whore than his wife.
End result: no one is sad when the crash of 1929 causes him to put a bullet in his mouth.
“You can be blasé about some things, Rose, but not about Titanic. It’s over a hundred feet longer than the Mauritania and far more luxurious.”
- KATE WINSLET’S DRESSES! Omg in 3D they are exquisite. I can’t even. The one she’s in when she almost commits suicide? Beautiful. I’m glad she was going to go with a bloodless suicide because you don’t want to ruin the beading on that dress with brains.
“Wanna go to a real party?” dress? LOVE! She can jig in it, drink beer, and stand up on he toes… it’s perfect.
“Put your hands on me, Jack” ensemble? What an outfit to lose your virginity to Jack Dawson in? I mean, I’d wear it if it got me in the back seat of the T Model Ford with Jack. Just saying.
“I want you to draw me like one of your French girls”
- JACK DAWSON IN 3D! Even more beautiful than Rose DeWitt Bukater’s dresses. OH MY F**CKIN’ GOD! He sparkled. He shined up like a new penny, if you will. His hair never looked sleeker, his eyes never looked so blue, and OH MY GOD HE NEVER LOOKED SO FROZEN! Leonardo DiCaprio is a vision in this movie and the 3D glasses only made it better.
I also want to make this known publicly that I will be naming one of my son’s Jack. And yes it will be after Jack Dawson because “he saved me. saved me in every way a person can be saved”.
“The best I’ve seen, ma’am. Hardly any rats.”
”I don’t know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this. “
“cause we’re going to America, full house boys! Wohoo! “
- TOMMY RYAN! Tommy Ryan is a underrated character. He’s awesome. He friend-ed Fabrizio (more on him next) when Jack forgot about his friend and he helped Jack bash the bench against the gate AND THEN HE PUNCHED THE WHITE STAR LINE EMPLOYEE IN THE NOSE! Tommy Ryan did not deserve to get shot at the end….. it makes me sad.
“Music to drown by… now I know I’m in 1st class”
- FABRIZIO! Love him. You forget about him, but you shouldn’t. He’s great. He barely speaks English, but he’s 1/2 of the 1st bromance ever to be portrayed in cinema. Jack and Fabi are bros and they awkwardly hug when they are reunited when the ship is sinking. Fabi is the original guido.
“ I can see the Statue of Liberty already!… Very small, of course.”
“GOODBYE. I WILL NEVA FORGET YOUUUUUU!”
- MOLLY BROWN! Molly Brown is a bad ass bitch. Love this feminist circa 1912. Plus, she shines up Jack like a new penny and wants to go back and save the passengers who went down with Titanic. “I don’t understand not one of ya!… It’s your men out there!”. Sadly, she had to shut her that ‘ol in her face!
“Are ya gonna cut her meat for her to there, Cal?”
“Say who came up with the name Titanic… was it you Bruce?”
- BRUCE ISMAY! F**K YOU, BRUCE! Light the last boiler? How about I light you on fire? You got your headlines (2nd tape!) asshole!
“Retire with a bang… eh E.J.?”
- OLD ROSE! She’s not a very old goddamn liar, she’s a very old woman with a heart that is similar to an ocean full of secrets. She brought Jack to the rest of us and I’m very happy for that. And when she dies and goes to heaven as pretty, young Rose and meets Jack at the top of the stairs by the clock?!?! I kid you not, I have chills just writing that out and I’m trying not to burst into tears because I’m in public.
And she has a mullet.
“Wasn’t I a dish?”
- LOVE! This is the greatest love story ever told. The Notebook can suck it, because Ally and Noah have nothing on Jack and Rose. Would you jump off the life boat? Probably not, and Ally certainly wouldn’t. And true there was room on the wooden door… but let’s not even go there.
“Listen, Rose. You’re gonna get out of here, you’re gonna go on and you’re gonna make lots of babies, and you’re gonna watch them grow. You’re gonna die an old… an old lady warm in her bed, not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?”
“Jack. Jack. *sob* Jack. I’ll never let go. I’ll never let go. Come back… come… COME BACK!”
Seriously. Go see this in theaters again it will change your life. This movie is not made to be seen on TBS… it needs to always be on the big screen. I may make sure my next apartment has a theater room just so I can watch Titanic on repeat.
Are you all in tears? It’s okay. Don’t be ashamed. This may be the best thing I’ve ever written.
Posted February 28, 2012on:
Ummm…. this is perfect.
Who doesn’t love “My Heart Will Go”. Just the melody of that song brings me to a convulsing sob because it’s so heartbreaking and because SHE PHYSICALLY LET GO, BUT NOT EMOTIONALLY!!!
Oh God… now, I’m crying.
Anyway, Bruno Mars randomly sang “My Heart Will Go On”. I have no idea why… I don’t care why. He does things and wears things without me even asking. Heart him.
(There’s some other songs on this awful video… but the beginning is all that matters)
Obviously a massive Titanic fan is what we have proof of.
And as a bonus… A Titanic clip to Bruno Mars music, because they fit together like ships and icebergs.
Rose DeWitt Bukater didn’t catch shit for Jack, but Jack was catching hypothermia.
The Revolution is known worldwide (and yes… I meant to say worldwide) for its accurate depiction and infatuation with male celebrities, but I think it’s time we expand and discuss some of the ladies that we approve of (Lindsay Lohan can keep calling Lorne Michaels for approval) and this clearly means Kate Winselt and her pretty sparkly dresses.
I don’t know why Kate Winslet was all dressed up but she looks superb and I just wanted to share that with you.
Rose DeWitt Bukater looks great.
I’m crushed. My heart will not go one if it’s true Titanic was filmed like this….
This is a photo of Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet (Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater respectively) hanging out in and around a kiddie pool filled with the Atlantic ocean.
Many people on the Reddit! forum freaked out when this photo was posted and thought the scenes with Jack and Rose were filmed like this. And then I realized people have no idea how big a door is and really need to be logical, because the door that is saving Rose’s life (NOT JACK’S!! UGH!!) would not fit in a kiddie pool. It’s impossible.See where I’m going with this?? I have no idea why they were hanging out in a kiddie pool… maybe just catching up??
Anyway, thank you to SRitt32 for sending me this and understand and sharing a love for all things Titanic.
Titanic 3D comes out April 6. PS I seriously cried when I saw this trailer in theaters.
Do you feel it?? Did you get chills?!?!
Remember last month when Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett recorded music together and then she convinced his I’m sure senile mind to be a part of her Thanksgiving special?? Good.
Now we know what happened behind the scenes, and it’s disrespectful to Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater.
And of course, Lady Gaga describes it in the most uncomfortable way imaginable. I can now only picture Tony Bennett as the creepy Uncle in the family that none of the kids are allowed to be alone with. Thanks, Gaga.
Talking during her Thanksgiving TV special, Gaga described the incident: “I walked in and said, ‘Well Tony, here we are’, and I dropped my robe and I got into position. I felt shy and thought, ‘It’s Tony Bennett, why am I naked?”
I don’t know who violated who in this situation, but I do know that as the viewer… we are definitely violated.
On a side note, Tony should take some art classes. His technique needs some work.
Posted October 9, 2011on:
Even as a young 12-year-old I thought “Edgar Allen Poe should not be a part of my syllabus this semester. It seems a little dark for moody pre-teens”. No one listened to me or cared. I should have written a letter to John Cusack.
Speaking of John Cusack… he’s plays Edgar Allen Poe in the new movie The Raven. I can already tell this is one of those movies that I’m going to convince myself is based entirely on the accurate history. (Just like there is actually a treasure map hidden in invisible ink on the back of the Declaration of Independence and don’t you dare tell me that Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater didn’t actually existed on the Titanic)
But it’s not quite the love story I model my own relationships after.
In fact, I don’t think I’ll be able to pop quiz boyfriends on my favorite quotes from this and this is why….
Because it’s about the production of Titanic, as opposed to the voyage. WOMP WOMP!
Titanic: Blood & Steal (DUH DUH DUHHHH!) is a 28 part British mini-series about the creation and building of Titanic. So, Jack Dawson won’t “you jump, I jump” or take anyone “to a real party” or “to the stars”, because the blueprints aren’t about that.
Neve Campbell, that old guy who looks like the ship’s actual captain, and Chris Noth are in this mini-series NOT playing Jack Dawson or Rose DeWitt-Bukater.
Clearly. I’m going to watch this.
Did that confuse you?? Get on board!! It’s Tuesday, people!!
I don’t know why I said that actually, but what I said about Leonardo DiCaprio looking like a refined Jack Dawson, if he had survived Titanic, married Rose DeWitt Bukater, slowly poisoned her, all while slowly stealing her money and placing it in an off shore account, so he could escape after her death.
Just take a look and trust me.
Now, I know I just panned out how Jack Dawson could have played Rose’s delicate emotions post the ship wreck hard…. but what I really mean is he looks good.
J Edgar comes out November 9th and I already have plans for that day to go see that movie, so don’t even bother inviting me to do anything else.
Posted June 7, 2011on:
And this is why Devy Wevy Bevy is my best friend. She slips me material when I need it the most.
“just incase you’ve never seen the movie…”
Thank you Asian woman. I never truly understood that movie until now. If possible… I love it more.
These are the sick friends that I have. Now you can see what I surround myself with and this is why I am the way I am.
Okay… that last one was my own sick mind. I can blame no one else but myself.